I did not create this recipe, though around here it is one of our favorites. Many years ago I was looking online for a good banana bread recipe to make as gifts for Christmas. I came across this one and the name of it reminded me of the fudge banana bomb pops I use to get from the “ice cream man” as a kid. Everyone here at home LOVED it and to this day my husband goes on about this bread if the subject of banana bread comes up! I don’t remember where I got it from, if I did I would most definitely credit that site.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 6 bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup lite sour cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.